Pages

December 12, 2009

I have no time for myself

Everyone needs to have some individual time to themselves. Usually it's the exact opposite in a marriage, the couple never gets to spend quality time together. So I commend you on spending a lot of time together as a couple. It can strengthen the relationship You do need some time to yourself. You don't want to end up resenting each other b/c you never get a break from one another.

I would suggest trying to encourage your partner to spend time doing something by herself or himself. Something that both of you can look forward to doing alone. Even if it's just you going out for a bike ride for an hour.
I have no time for myself

Try to be empathic to her being resistant at the idea. But at the same time, you need to make it perfectly clear to her this is crucial in a marriage to have the individual time, and time apart from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment